Junior/Mid SRE Engineer
November 29, 2021
About the job
We are looking for a SRE Engineer to help us grow and maintain our system
that improves the experience of hundreds of thousands of users on a daily basis.
SRE Engineer is a key role at Capiter, it’s more than setting up CI tools or managing servers on
the cloud. write code (tooling to support dev team, or even in the core microservices), they
debug and identify production issues at many levels (code/frameworks,
microservices/datastores, containers/OS, clustering platform, servers, cloud providers), scale
the fast infrastructure, own the software development process and make sure it is healthy and
automated and newcomers are aware of it.
If you feel like to ride the roller coaster, having a sense of ownership, willing to share
knowledge, learn and grow, team centric and focused on end value rather than self
achievement, this could be your golden opportunity.
Responsibilities and Duties:
● Spread DevOps culture and continuously enhance the process of software development.
● Develop and integrate tools/scripts to automate the process of development/deployment.
● Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
● Ability to have hands on code (could write and push hot-fixes to production in urgent
● Develop and deploy solutions to optimize the infrastructure and external services cost
(ex: setup caching datastores, make changes to the code to integrate them)
● Maintain the infrastructure on the cloud (GCP) allocating new resources, setting up new
platforms/clusters with the proper configurations
● Perform root cause analysis for production issues
● Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
● Work closely and support the dev team with the infrastructure and architecture
decisions, debugging production issues, new services deployment and new cloud
resources setup and allocation
● Contribute to both infrastructure architecture and microservices design
● Good Knowledge in software development life cycle (got to work with agile teams)
● Software Engineering background
● Familiarity with different open source web development languages/frameworks, and
● Familiarity knowledge of cloud providers (mainly GCP)
● Good Knowledge in Unix like Operating Systems
● Good Knowledge in relational and nonrelational databases.
● Good Knowledge in Linux containers like Docker is a must , container orchestration
● Familiarity with design, implementation and support of continuous integration and
continuous deployments (CI/CD) pipeline
● Source code version control systems such as Git.
● Familiarity with standard networking protocols and components such as HTTP, DNS,
TCP/IP, the OSI Model, networking and load balancing.
● Good communication skills
What we Offer
- Great opportunity to be part of a start-up with a lot of responsibilities and independence early
on and where you will have an impact on the entire business
- Attractive compensation package.