Last Mile Manager
August 30, 2021
About the job
We’re looking for a highly motivated Last Mile Manager who wants to join a fast growing start-up and take on the challenge of their life! Our vision is to build the world’s best company, therefore we need to build the world’s best team.
Capiter is a b2b marketplace that brings together FMCGs, Wholesalers and merchants to the same platform, enabling merchants to order their products through the e-commerce platform and receive credit on their purchases. As of today it’s serving +20k merchants and +150 FMCGs and wholesalers.The focus is to create value for merchants and improve their income.
Our Operations workflow has three major components: First mile - where the product is inbound and ready for order; Middle mile - where the order is hauled to inventory area; and Last mile - when the product is delivered to the merchant. Please note that all workflows have slight building variations, but one thing is constant: our vision and dedication to deliver on time and in full to our merchants.In this role, you will lead and develop a team of salaried and hourly talent to ensure smooth operations for the last mile in all our warehouses.
Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will oversee operations and delivery, focusing on effective order fulfilment to continuously delight our valued merchants. Moreover, you will work on meeting KPIs such as On Time & Delivered in Full, Cost per run/vehicle and enhancing customer service. You will also direct meetings, assign work as well as communicate with internal and external suppliers.
We are looking for someone who has previously built teams and who has experience from a start-up working with customers internally and externally. Possess excellent business judgment, able to step back and look at long term vision for the department growth. Be resourceful, able to manage ambiguity and prepared to get involved if needed.
Be competent in two or more production or supply chain areas, with an impressive track-record of achieving results in a similar fast- paced logistics, distribution, manufacturing or engineering environment.
A highly motivated and hands on person, who has a strong understanding of the start-up mentality, with a positive can-do attitude and self-motivation. Demonstrate a strong track record of problem solving and solid analytical skill capability to look at and find solutions for a variety of operational challenges.
Thrive on change, inclined to operate with flexibility and commit the time required to get the job done. Work shifts, including weekends, in an operational 7/365 environment.
● Design and own end-to-end the Last-mile unit costs strategy to meet targets.
● Managing everything related to the last-mile delivery cycle including 3pls.
● Create a culture of fool-proof in Last mile ●
● Maintain all HR-related aspects of the last-mile fleet including sourcing, contracting & required documentation.
● Responsible for last-mile delivery team SLA success ratio
● Manage and improve fleet management practices, team and cost of operation
● 7+ year’s experience of logistics operations and last mile delivery in Egypt is required
● Process oriented, well-organized with a high level of attention to detail
● Data oriented with strong analytical and conceptual skills
● Team player with effective communicate effectively with other in-house team
● Excellent team management skills specifically with last mile delivery teams
● Dynamic and able to work in a fast paced environment
● Excellent knowledge of the last mile and logistics market in the Egyptian marketWhat you can expect from us● Learn and work with some of the best entrepreneurs that will give you insights to all relevant aspects of building a company.
● Work in a flat, modern organisation with no bureaucracy where trust is the most important trait
● Explore and learn from new cultures that are most likely very different from what you’re used to.
● Work in a fast-paced company where time between decision to action is minimal.
● The opportunity to build a b2b marketplace in retail space , a global business, meaningful network and experience.
● Market salary in the middle tier and stock options with potential of 25x gains.