Senior Backend Engineer
August 30, 2021
About the job
We’re looking for a highly motivated Senior Backend Engineer who wants to join an international start-up and take on the challenge of their life! Our vision is to build the world’s best company, therefore we need to build the world’s best team.
Capiter is a b2b marketplace that brings together FMCGs, Wholesalers and merchants to the same platform, enabling merchants to order their products through the e-commerce platform and receive credit on their purchases. As of today it’s serving +20k merchants and +150 FMCGs and wholesalers.The focus is to create value for merchants and improve their income.
We are a versatile team of close to 100 problem solvers who love making the impossible possible. We strive for a diverse and entrepreneurial company culture with people who are curious and want to be the best at what they do.
We are backed by top tier VC’s such as Shrooq Partners, MSA and some of the most successful entrepreneurs in the Middle East.
- Design and build robust and scalable backend services that expose REST APIs.
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution.
- Write great code, with following all phases of the software development life cycle, best practices and Agile Software Development process.
- Actively participate in technical decision making with the leads and team members.
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle: concept, design, build, deploy, test, release, and support.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the services.
- Establish, maintain, and optimise CI/CD pipelines
- Collaborate with a cross-functioning and self-organizing team to design and ship apps iteratively in an Agile environment
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in cloud-native solutions
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
We are looking for someone who has previously built teams and who has experience from a start-up or an international top-tier company within product & engineering ambit. You have experience from the marketplace & ecommerce business.
A highly motivated and hands on person, who has a strong understanding of the start-up mentality, with a positive can-do attitude and self-motivation. Further the position requires analytical, structured problem-solving and communication skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar
- 5+ years of experience developing Java service-based solutions
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that's extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives.
- Proficient in Java 8, with strong object-oriented design and programming skills
- Extensive experience developing REST APIs
- Extensive Experience with Unit Testing and integration testing of HTTP services
- Extensive Experience with one or more cloud services like AWS, GCP, Digitalocean, etc.
- Extensive experience with both relational and non-relational (NoSQL) databases
- Hands-on experience with Spring Boot
- Hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Hands-on experience with setting up and using static code analysis tools
- Hands-on knowledge of Agile methods and Agile technical practices
- Hands-on knowledge of Swagger/OpenAPI
- Hands-on knowledge with GitHub and GitFlow
- Good grasp on continuous integration, continuous deployment and devops
- Good experience in logging, metrics, and monitoring in HTTP service environment
- Good experience with performance analysis and profiling of Java services
- Knowledge with Kafka, ELK stack is a plus.
What you can expect from us:
- Learn and work with some of the best entrepreneurs that will give you insights to all relevant aspects of building a company.
- Work in a flat, modern organisation with no bureaucracy where trust is the most important trait
- Explore and learn from new cultures that are most likely very different from what you’re used to.
- Work in a fast-paced company where time between decision to action is minimal.
- The opportunity to build a b2b marketplace in retail space, a global business, meaningful network and experience.
- Salary in line with market benchmarks and stock options with potential of significant gains.