About the job
We’re looking for a highly motivated Andriod Engineer who wants to join an international start-up and take on the challenge of their life! Our vision is to build the world’s best company, therefore we need to build the world’s best team.
Capiter is a b2b marketplace that brings together FMCGs, Wholesalers and merchants to the same platform, enabling merchants to order their products through the e-commerce platform and receive credit on their purchases. As of today it’s serving +20k merchants and +150 FMCGs and wholesalers.The focus is to create value for merchants and improve their income.
We are a versatile team of close to 100 problem solvers who love making the impossible possible. We strive for a diverse and entrepreneurial company culture with people who are curious and want to be the best at what they do.
We are backed by top tier VC’s such as Shrooq Partners, MSA and some of the most successful entrepreneurs in the Middle East.
- Understand products from both a technical and business perspective.
- Translate business requirements into elegant technical solutions.
- Work with other developers and engineers to integrate back end system APIs.
- Perform code reviews, assist with builds and deployment.
- Write well-structured, reliable, efficient and easily maintainable code.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Write unit and UI tests.
We are looking for someone who has previously built teams and who has experience from a start-up or an international top-tier company within product & engineering ambit. You have experience from the marketplace & ecommerce business.
A highly motivated and hands on person, who has a strong understanding of the start-up mentality, with a positive can-do attitude and self-motivation. Further the position requires analytical, structured problem-solving and communication skills.
- Strong experience in Kotlin.
- Experience in clean architecture and MVVM architectural patterns.
- Experience with memory management and caching mechanisms.
- Strong debugging skills.
- Experience using Dagger, RxJava, Retrofit, etc.
- Experience using Android Jetpack / Architecture components.
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies.
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Work independently and collaboratively with other software engineers, defining, designing and shipping new features.
- Must be a team player with a strong, self-managing work ethic.
What you can expect from us:
- Learn and work with some of the best entrepreneurs that will give you insights to all relevant aspects of building a company.
- Work in a flat, modern organisation with no bureaucracy where trust is the most important trait
- Explore and learn from new cultures that are most likely very different from what you’re used to.
- Work in a fast-paced company where time between decision to action is minimal.
- The opportunity to build a b2b marketplace in retail space, a global business, meaningful network and experience.
- Salary in line with market benchmarks and stock options with potential of significant gains.