October 30, 2021
About the job
Capiter is a B2B marketplace that brings together FMCGs, Wholesalers and merchants to the same platform, enabling merchants to order their products through the e-commerce platform and receive credit on their purchases. As of today it’s serving 30k+ merchants and +150 FMCGs and wholesalers. The focus is to create value for merchants and improve their income through technological disruption.
We are a versatile team of close to 130+ problem solvers who love making the impossible possible. We strive for a diverse and entrepreneurial company culture with people who are curious and want to be the best at what they do.
We are backed by a top tier VC’s such as MSA, Shorooq Partners and Accion and some of the most
successful entrepreneurs in the Middle East.
The Central Data and Analytics Centre is tasked to deliver unique business insights and analytical
experiences to Capiter Business customers. Our teams continuously improve the experience for business customers in all phases of their journey ranging from opportunity identification, evaluation till post-launch success, and daily monitoring and tracking across markets, products and functions. We are looking for a passionate business analyst to support and accelerate our innovation process through continuous and rapid experimentation in an agile environment.
As a Business Analyst, you will work with an extremely talented group of product managers, software
development managers and Business departments to design and deliver analytical solutions that will support the rapid growth expectations of our Business. You will focus on laying the analytical foundation and continuous optimization of experiences that will help our customers find what they are looking for, complete transactions, and get back to their jobs quickly. You will partner with product managers to identify and execute analytical approaches that will enable strategic decisions to experiment, accelerate and reduce investments in different feature areas.
This position requires excellent analytical thinking, the ability to quickly approach large ambiguous problems and apply analytics, technical and engineering expertise to rapidly analyze, validate, visualize, prototype and deliver solutions. This position also requires significant cross-functional work and integration with different customer facing teams such as Marketing, Sales, Operations, Community Support, Category, Finance, Value added services; Product and technology teams, UX Design and Voice of Customer teams. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
As you further your career as a Business Analyst at Capiter, you will focus on improving corporate reporting frameworks and data visualization. You will analyze product performance data, discover opportunities to optimize the experience for customers, and build metrics and business cases to accelerate decision-making. We are focused on your success and want to build strong leaders within our Business. You can expect to leverage your analytical skills and have full ownership of the projects you work on.
• Perform complex data analysis to identify opportunities to conduct experiments to optimize user
experiences; invest in new feature areas; and improve efficiencies for customer support associates.
• Establish analytical frameworks for evaluating new investments and provide consultation to product managers in their strategic projects.
• Create impact assessments to support investment in feature areas and own the relationship with business verticals to represent the Central Data and Analytics Centre in establishing and reporting on business goals.
• Design, develop and establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) – both customer-facing as well as
internal to business – to monitor analysis and provide strategic insights to drive growth and product
• Mentor a team of business intelligence engineers on analysis frameworks and own creation of solutions to accelerate analytical processes.
• Excited to analyze and explore complex and large data! You will have the opportunity to give potentially game-changing recommendations to the business
• Proficient with tools like Tableau, Power BI, Looker, Google analytics etc.
• Data analysis experience, in a business setting, involving making hypotheses, accessing and prepping data and drawing actionable insights
• Bachelor's or Master’s degree with analytical/ technical elements for e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Maths, Statistics or similar
• Demonstrated technical expertise in at least one of: SQL/ R/ Python
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to influence your stakeholders and manage
expectationsExcellent time management skills
• 4+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analysis role
• Advanced proficiency in SQL (With statements, CTEs) and understanding of data warehousing
• E-Commerce experience